Today is Election Day, and we are praying God’s grace, peace and wisdom over you. Below are five things for you to consider and remember as you participate today.
1. Pray for God’s will to be done.
- The Lord’s Prayer… “Your kingdom come, Your will be done”
- Colossians 1:9-10 9, “For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God…”
- Jeremiah 29: 7, “Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare.”
2. Know the info on a candidate’s platforms & values.
- Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…”
- Google search the issues that are important to you & the Kingdom.
3. Vote for who will represent what you believe before God is best for you, your family, and the people you feel responsible to serve.
- Matthew 20:28, “…just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
4. Pray for the Church and you personally to respond through prayer, serving & standing for Truth in the face of culture.
- 2 Corinthians 5:20, “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”
5. Pray that we as a church would remain unified & respectful after the elections to keep Jesus & His Kingdom first.
- Ephesians 4:2-3 (NIV), “…Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”