Every major news outlet displays the heartbreaking headlines. It is hard to miss what is happening in Europe and the Middle East. Violence and civil war have left millions of people displaced, and it is the greatest humanitarian crisis of our time.
We want to be a people who engage with the crisis in our world. We want to hear the stories and be moved to action – and we want everyone to be involved!
We have already sent out multiple teams to work with refugees in Greece and the Middle East. This summer we will be mobilizing hundreds of people to bases across Europe and the Middle East to be the hands and feet of Jesus to this hurting population. But not everybody can or should go. And that is okay! Whether you go or stay, you are vitally important in this movement! Prayer is the most powerful weapon we possess. Let’s be a people who take up the mantle of prayer for the orphan, widow and refugee.
Here are some ways that you can be a part of Engage the Crisis right now:
- Pray for safety for the boats crossing the Mediterranean. This January, a reported more than 60,500 crossed the sea to the Greek island of Lesvos.
- Pray for the refugees landing in Europe and beginning their long journey across Europe this winter. They have left everything behind in search for safety, their home, their city, their country, their language and their culture. If you were in their shoes, what would you want prayed over you? For food? A home? A way to learn the language easily? A job? A warm bed for your children?
- Pray for the refugees to have open hearts to the Gospel and to find new life in Christ. Our volunteers in Europe have seen an openness among the Muslims unlike anything we have seen before. Pray for the refugees to meet people who can share the truth of Jesus with them on the way to their new home.
- Pray for our Engage the Crisis leadership team in Europe and in Waco as we prepare to send the masses this spring and summer.
Pray for Engage the Crisis:
- Mondays from 6:45 p.m. – 8 p.m. at 403 Ruby Dell Ln.
- Wednesdays from 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. in the Prayer and Equipping Center
- Sundays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in the Conference Room located in the church office building
Apply to go on an impact trip this summer at engagethecrisis.org. Applications are due March 11th.