“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work” 2 Corinthians 9:7-8

This week Senior Pastor Jimmy Seibert shared a message on giving. We don’t give out of compulsion, we give because God wants to set us free in the area of finances. We need the hand of God in the middle of things. When we hold on to resources that are ultimately God’s and not ours, we invite the enemy to create chaos in our lives.

HOW DO WE GIVE?

  1. We give consistently // Proverbs 3:9 tells us to honor the Lord with our finances and give Him our first fruits. We give consistently through tithing; meaning we give our first 10 percent to the Lord by supporting the local church. When we give the best first, we are trusting that God will bless the rest. Tithing is our consistent base for provision.
  2. We give above and beyond // We want to be a part of what God is doing in the world around us, and we can do that through offerings. Consider partnering with an overseas missionary or a local non-profit. When we give consistently through offerings, we get to be a part of the inheritance in the nations.
  3. We give spontaneously // This is the fun part! We don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to be a part of the joy of giving. Without the discipline of consistency, we can’t have the spontaneity. When we submit our finances to the Lord, we can trust that He will provide for our needs and the needs of others. God doesn’t just want us to be blessed, He also wants us to be a blessing.

IF YOU’RE BORED WITH THE KINGDOM, IT’S BECAUSE YOU AREN’T ACTIVE IN THE KINGDOM.

Choosing to give is choosing to be a part of what God is doing. It is also choosing to trust God with all that we have. When we give what we have, we can trust that God will multiply it and provide above and beyond.

IN RESPONSE //

For the next six months, we want to take on the challenge of giving consistently, giving above and giving spontaneously.

  1. Tithe // Choose a local church to partner with, and commit to giving your first 10 percent to that church. It can be Antioch, or it can be another church in our city. Whatever you choose, trust that when you give your best first, the other 90 percent will be blessed. If you would like to partner with Antioch, you can do so here.
  2. Offerings // Pray and ask God for a missionary or an organization that you can partner with for the next six months.
  3. Give spontaneously // Ask the Holy Spirit how you can be a part of blessing someone else.

Trust God with your resources because He will always give you a hundred fold return.