This morning Jimmy addressed two situations that affected our church family this week. He also continued our Imago Dei series with a message on Genesis 3:1-6. Because we are born into sin, we are in desperate need of a Savior.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR TAKEAWAYS FROM TODAY’S MESSAGE:
- It is always right to worship Jesus.
- We must have justice because without it, there’s chaos. We must have mercy or else there is no gospel.
- We forgive so we can be healed and restored.
- Real forgiveness is the willingness to live with the consequences of someone else’s sin. (Neil Anderson)
- God has never been out to condemn you, but to save you.
- Because we have a sinful nature, we need a Savior.
- God has already said how to live out every issue.
- God is always right and true.
- If you want to live an enjoyable life, you have to believe that God doesn’t have a problem.
- We have made a god out of empathy instead of truth.
- To leave someone with empathy and not bring them to truth is to lead someone to destruction.
- God is merciful and God is truth.
- The end-game of God is to set you free.
By Jimmy Seibert