We're glad you're interested in learning more about our internships! There are a lot of different areas you can get involved and serve here at the church, but one of those ways is through our Internships. Before getting into the details, here's the heart and values behind our internship program.
- Our priority the holistic development of interns - personal, spiritual and professional - over practically how their skills can be utilized to serve. We are as concerned with how interns grow through their experiences along with what they will provide by serving the church.
- Interns will have numerous opportunities to discover their gifts and passions, try new things and grow their areas of interest.
- The development of interns will be focused within the team they serve on, and there also will be proximity to leaders within their ministry and opportunities to learn from the U.S. Leadership Track.
Experience in this type of supportive and fast-paced environment is valuable no matter how long you are in Waco or what career path you pursue. These are just a couple of ways this internship can benefit you and help you grow:
- Interns will get ministry experience while also receiving leadership training.
- Participating will give interns increased presence and greater responsibility within Antioch Waco's ministry.
- This internship can strengthen an intern's resume, especially if they decide to pursue vocational ministry.
- For college students, this internship may fulfill some educational requirements.
Eligibility & Expectations:
- Interns must have graduated high school at the time they apply.
- Interns must be aligned with the mission, values and doctrinal beliefs of Antioch Waco.
- As an intern, they must commit to actively attend Sunday service and Lifegroup, in addition to serving as a Pillar in a Sunday ministry if their intern program does not have specific Sunday responsibilities.
- Unpaid Interns must be able to commit to 15-25 hours per week.
- These internships are geared towards those interested in vocational ministry or volunteer leadership in the local Church.
- Interns participating in a full-time ministerial internship are required to raise financial support.
- Interns participating in a part-time unpaid internship are expected to provide for themselves financially through other means.
- Interns provide their own laptop computer, cell phone, transportation and housing.