Dear Antioch Family,
As I write this letter our hearts are grieved for all our friends, loved ones and those we have never met in Houston and across Southeast Texas. The Antioch Houston church and leaders are doing an incredible job taking care of their own, loving their neighbors and have started helping with clean-up as they begin the restoration process. Additionally, for the last two days we have had teams from Waco and College Station with boats doing house-to-house rescues to help get people to safety.
In the midst of the devastation, there are several ways you can help those affected by Hurricane Harvey:
- For the rain to stop and stay away so the waters can subside and the restoration can begin
- For no more loss of life and for everyone to be rescued
- For full provision for all of our friends, family and Antioch Houston
- For those helping to be great witnesses of Jesus’ love to their neighbors
- For a revival to come on the heels of the devastation and for full restoration to happen physically and spiritually
- Our goal is to raise $100,000 to fund our clean-up efforts as well as to support those affected by the flood through Acts of Mercy. If you would like to give, you can do so here. Be sure designate “Hurricane Harvey Relief.” You can also text to give by texting “ANTIOCH” to 444999, be sure to select “7” for Acts of Mercy.
- If you would like to give directly to Antioch Houston’s flood relief efforts, you can do so here.
- We have also identified several resources needed in order to be the most effective in our relief efforts. Please check this list to see the items we need. If you would like to donate, please bring your items to 2021 Fort Avenue, a grey house, by Friday at 5 p.m.
Our relief team leader, Blake Hartsock, and his team are working directly with our Houston team to provide practical assistance:
We are looking for men and women who can help deconstruct drywall and carpet in houses, which have been flooded and need to be cleared before mold begins to spread. We are sending out teams this Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Teams will be formed based on people’s availability. If you are interested, please fill out this form.
We love you all. These historic moments give us opportunities to pray, love, give and go as the Holy Spirit leads. Be lifting up the people of Houston, that they may find the glory of God in the midst of the pain and challenges.
In His strength and love,