This morning Jimmy Seibert kicked off our new series, Living Fully Alive. We are invited into the family of God, and we are called to live fully free as His children. Throughout our three-week series, we will be taking a look at Romans 8 to find out more about our identity and purpose as God’s children.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR TAKEAWAYS FROM TODAY’S MESSAGE:
- God’s desire and design for us is to live alive.
- When we’re living fully alive, we can’t help but reflect God’s goodness to everyone around us.
- Our adoption gives us the full blessing of our new family.
- Everything changes when you realize Jesus chose you.
- There is no junior Holy Spirit within you because you are worth everything to God.
- We cannot see the goodness of God apart from Him.
- When you come into the family of God, the spirit of slavery is gone.
- Find out what hope looks like on the other side of fear and make steps toward that place.
- God delights in our communion with Him.
- Everyone needs to know they belong – even if they’re imperfect.
- The power of belonging brings health and life.
- If you let Him, God will defend you from the works of the enemy.
- Your relationship with God is based on His faithfulness, not yours.
Today Jimmy challenged us to read Romans 8 every day throughout the course of our series. We encourage you to jump in with us as we remind ourselves of the freedom and identity we walk in because of Jesus. As you read, ask yourself these three questions:
- What does this passage say about God?
- What does it say about me?
- How can I respond or obey?
By Jimmy Seibert – Senior Pastor