“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8 NASB
This week young adult pastor Chase Moore sat down with senior pastor Jimmy Seibert to wrap up our Be one. Make one. series. Throughout our morning, we talked about evangelistic discipleship. Everyone is made for a relationship with Jesus, and He calls us to share with those who don’t yet know Him.
JESUS HAS CHOSEN TO PARTNER WITH US.
Once we experience the love of Jesus, we can’t help but want others to experience the same thing. Everyone is made for Jesus, and everyone is anointed to share the gospel. God made us for relationship, and He calls us to be His hands and feet in the world around us.
WHAT KEEPS US FROM SHARING THE GOSPEL?
- Lack of heavenly perspective // When we spend time in Word, worship and prayer every day, our earthly perspective shifts to an eternal perspective. Having an understanding of God’s heart for the world around us compels to step out and share. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you every morning and give you heavenly perspective for your sphere of influence.
- Fear // The spirit of fear continually cripples us and holds us back. We have to acknowledge that it is a spirit of fear rather than just human dynamic. We can also be confident that the power that raised Jesus from the dead is within us, so there is nothing to fear! Renew your mind with the Word every day and ask for peace to overcome any place of fear. A good place to start is 2 Timothy 1:7.
- Going at it alone // We were made to thrive in the context of a missional community. God’s intent was not for one person to do everything on their own. We find that missional community in Lifegroup. Our Lifegroup can’t be about personal care, we want to be inviting more people into our family and into relationship with Jesus. If you aren’t. connected to a Lifegroup, we would love to help you find one! Just fill out this form to get started.
THE GOSPEL BECOMES MORE REAL WHEN WE ARE ACTIVE IN SHARING IT.
As a disciple, we want to be renewed by the reality of the gospel. As we actively share with those around us, we are reminded of the truth of the grace we are freely given. Evangelistic discipleship isn’t meant to be a one-off event, we need to integrate it into our daily lives.
IN RESPONSE //
- Pray // Pray and ask God for those around you to know Him.
- Build relationships // It’s not about seeing people as a mission or project, it’s about seeing people with a heavenly perspective. Take time to build relationships with your neighbors, co-workers and others that you interact with in your daily life.
- Intentionally reach out in your sphere of influence // Whether it’s the soccer field, the office or the grocery store, be intentional about connecting with the people you are around. Take time to pray and ask God who you can reach out to in your everyday circle.
- Invite a friend to Easter // Easter Sunday is an awesome opportunity to invite others to join us as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus! Invitations are available at the Info Desk, feel free to grab a few to hand out.