Today Jimmy Seibert continued our Imago Dei series with a message on overcoming the blame game. When Adam and Eve gave into sin they were filled with shame, pulled away from God and began blaming someone else for their sin. Until we know we are enough in God, we will never get over shame. And until we own our sin and stop blaming others, we will never be free.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR TAKEAWAYS FROM TODAY’S MESSAGE:
- If you know Jesus, you are free from the power of sin.
- God has already planned a way of escape for you.
- When we question what God has said, we allow sin to enter our lives.
- We can’t be controlled by the voices of others, we have to be led by the voice of God.
- When your appetites and desires aren’t submitted to God, they will get out of control and consume you.
- If you are trying to get to God by hoping your good will outweigh your bad, you’ll never get there.
- Shame is the belief that we are not good enough.
- If we become salt and light as we were intended to be then we will see change in the world.
- If I’m not running to God then I’m running with the devil.
- We lead with empathy, but if we don’t get to truth we don’t get to freedom.
- Whether you are the initiator or the receiver of sin, Jesus offers a place of healing.
- You have to forgive so you can be free.
- Bitterness does not get you to righteousness.
- If we keep blaming and complaining about everything, we’ll never be free from anything.
- No one else is responsible for your walk with God but you.
- The gospel is the only hope for this world.
By Jimmy Seibert, Senior Pastor