We had a blast at UnBound’s Light Up the Dark 5k last weekend! More than 650 people from the community participated in the race. Thanks to all who came out – your investment makes a difference to help end and bring awareness to human trafficking in our city! Let’s continue to pray for the captives to be set free and for human trafficking to come to an end in our lifetime. For more ways to pray, and information on how to volunteer with UnBound, visit unboundnow.org.
At UnBound, we are committed to combatting slavery and igniting hope. One of the ways we do this is by bringing people together to share what we’ve learned about ending human trafficking. Next Friday, November 15th, we are gathering together to do just that. You’re invited to join us for our Community Collaboration Forum, featuring speaker Dr. Tomi Glover, Executive Director of TraffickStop and author of the book, Compelled. UnBound Night will also feature a panel including professionals from social work and education.
UnBound Night is Friday, November 15th from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in the Underground (located in the main office building) at Antioch Community Church, 505 N. 20th St, Waco 76707. Contact UnBound with any questions.
This morning at World Mandate, Antioch senior pastor Jimmy Seibert shared powerfully, inviting us to say “no” and step into the inheritance and freedom that is ours in Jesus.
“When we say no to sexual immorality and specifically pornography, we begin the process of ending human trafficking.” – Jimmy Seibert
It’s time to do something now.
1. Sign – urge our government to tighten restrictions on pornography. Add your name to the petition.
2. Share – Everyone needs to know the connection between pornography and human trafficking. Help get the word out and share this video with your friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: http://antio.ch/herhope
3. Say No – If you struggle with pornography, it’s time to get out.
- Get real. Confess everything to someone you trust. Create a game plan for freedom.
- Get accountable. Talk about when it started, why you do it, what needs to change.
- Get community. Join a small group of others fighting the same struggle.
- Get filters. Install online accountability. (x3watch.com and covenanteyes.com)