“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the One who will keep you on track.” Proverbs 3:5-6 MSG //
This week was a special one! We celebrated our moms and wrapped up our series, The Power of Prayer, by hearing from Margie Atwood. Margie is on our Board of Advisors and has served as a spiritual mother for multiple people over the course of the last thirty years. Throughout the morning, Margie shared on living above our circumstances by through praise and reliance on Jesus.
THE VOICE OF GOD GIVES US EVERYTHING WE NEED.
When our circumstances and emotions are causing us to feel stressed, anxious or unsettled, we need to hear the voice of God. The voice of God brings peace, transforms us and gives us everything we need to move forward. When our circumstances are telling us one thing, we need the truth of God to give us perspective to live above our circumstances.
OUR CIRCUMSTANCES DON’T CONTROL GOD, HE CONTROLS THE CIRCUMSTANCES.
We can be confident that the Lord works all things together for our good. There is a refining that happens in the midst of challenging circumstances. There is hope beyond our current situation because God is faithful and good, and He controls our circumstances.
GIVING THANKS REFRESHES OUR SOUL.
It doesn’t always feel easy to worship and give praise when we are in the middle of a trial. However, rejoicing and giving thanks refreshes our brain, and lifts our perspective off of our challenge and on to God.
IT’S ABOUT RELIANCE ON GOD, NOT IMPROVEMENT IN YOU.
God isn’t asking us to have everything together. He actually invites us to press into Him, no matter the situation. When we choose to bring our mess, our anxieties and everything else to God, there is a promise that He will meet us in that place. He is inviting us to lay down our burdens and fully rely on Him and His word for everything we need.
IN RESPONSE //
Margie concluded our morning by challenging us to spend time in God’s Word every day. When we have a solid foundation of the Word of God within us, the Holy Spirit can use those Words to transform our life. If you aren’t sure where to begin, start by setting aside just thirty minutes – spend ten minutes in worship, ten minutes reading the Bible and ten minutes in prayer. Starting your day in the presence of God sets the pace for your day, and gives you the perspective you need to move forward.
This morning Jimmy Seibert celebrated and honored our moms! We need moms because women uniquely display the nurturing and caregiving characteristics of God. Whether a birth mom or a spiritual mom, it matters every time a woman decides to invest her life in another. The glory of God is beautifully displayed through every mom. Our moms are so worthy of love and honor, we wouldn’t be who we are without them!
CHECK OUT FIVE WAYS WE CAN HONOR OUR MOMS:
- Love them // Tell your mom you love her, and give her a hug. Moms love tangible expressions of love. It isn’t about large gifts, but instead simply expressing our appreciation for our moms.
- Encourage them // All moms want to be great, and we want to champion and place courage in our moms. Moms don’t need criticism, instead be quick to call out the gold within them.
- Show them gratitude // Tell your mom how thankful you are for her! Moms do what they do because they wholeheartedly love us, and we want them to know that we are so thankful for them.
- Model how to follow Jesus // Invite your mom into the things of God by contending for her and by encouraging her. If your mom doesn’t have relationship with Jesus, model what it looks like to follow Jesus.
- Get community around them // Women need other women to walk through life with. Create space for your mom to build relationships and be around encouraging community.
We are so thankful for moms! Yesterday, Jimmy shared a message on honoring our moms. The journey to honor starts with forgiveness, then letting go of our previous judgments. When we release others and let go of judgments, we see the good they bring to our lives. The journey of honor ends with thankfulness. Our moms are worthy of honor, not only today but every day. Check out some of our takeaways from today’s message:
- “Moms, your greatest investment into eternity will be what you invested into the generation you’re raising today.”
- “To honor someone means to put value upon them, not just with your thoughts but with your words, your deeds and your actions.”
- “Forgiveness is the willingness to live with the consequences of another person’s sin.”
- “You cannot expect the one who hurt you to be the one who heals you.”
- “If you don’t set someone free from the judgments you have against them, you’re going to end up being the same person.”
- “When you forgive someone and quit judging them, you begin to see the good in them.”
- “That’s the nature of God. He’s always redeeming us, even in our imperfections.”
- “The last part in your journey to honor is pure thankfulness.”
The journey to honor starts with forgiveness, followed by removing judgment, seeing the good in others and ends with pure thankfulness.
- Ephesians 6:1-3
- Matthew 6:14-15
- Matthew 7:1-2
- Philippians 4:8
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Our weekend got off to an incredible start as we worshiped God together at the recording for AntiochLIVE’s latest album, It Is Finished. Alaska Jack and his arch nemesis, Dr. Eyeball, made an appearance on Saturday and on Sunday we celebrated mothers and the message was a powerful reminder that God has given the spirit of adoption to each of His children.
AntiochLIVE Recording Night:
A view from the stage
One final sound check
It was amazing to see so many people come together to support AntiochLIVE and be a part of the recording experience
Our #ItIsFinished contest winner! Congrats, Hallie!
Alaska Jack and his arch-nemesis, Dr. Eyeball, return to the set to film Alaska Jack Season 2. Get up to date on season 1
Worship Pastor James Mark Gulley leads us in worship with the AntiochLIVE band
Pastor Vincent Carpenter announces that all our mothers are being gifted with a $10 off coupon to Olive Branch
And they’re really excited about it!
Lexia Meek shares her incredible story of reclaiming her identity as adopted daughter of the King. Listen to Lexia’s story and have your faith stirred!