Today Drew Steadman wrapped up our Reset series with a message about living on mission. The world tells us that who we are is defined by what we do, but in the Kingdom of God, it’s actually the opposite. When we are confident in who we are, we are free to live out the mission God has called us to without hesitation. Check out some of our takeaways from today’s message:
- The world’s equation says, “What I do determines who I am.”
- God’s equation says, “Who you are determines what you do.”
- When we live under the world’s equation, we block out the what God actually has for us.
- If you are compelled by anything other than the love of God, you will always end up off course when it comes to your calling.
- When we understand God’s love for us, our natural response is to stop living for ourselves and to start living for Him.
- You’ll never discover your life’s purpose if your primary purpose is you.
- We’re a church that embraces the mission of God. Whether it’s the nations or the broken of our city, we’re all in because it’s God’s mission.
- The beauty of the body of Christ is that it isn’t one person doing everything, it is everyone doing something.
- Mission happens when we all say, “yes” and do our part.
- God has given you a specific place where only you can be an ambassador in this season.
- Ambassadors change the atmosphere.
- There are no second-class citizens in the Kingdom of God.
This year we all want to embrace the mission of God. Throughout the week, take some time to pray and process through these questions:
- What are you doing to embrace the mission of God?
- What does it mean for you to be an ambassador in this season?
By Drew Steadman – Executive Team and Adult Pastor