Today Susan Peters continued our series with a message on honoring the women in our lives. There is value and significance in the roles of both men and women, and we, as the people of God, are called to honor and empower all people. Check out some of our takeaways from today’s message:
- We have been empowered by the Holy Spirit to walk in His light and carry the hope, healing and peace of Jesus in the midst of a broken and hurting world.
- Our world needs to see the living God in the midst of these painful issues.
- When men value and honor women with no agenda, they bring the culture of Heaven to our broken world.
- God made male and female in His image. Gender is a part of God’s design, and He says, “It’s very good.”
- The Gospel points us toward honor, restoration and dignity of all people.
- Instead of complaining we need to resolve to serve.
- My goal is not to fight for my place, but rather surrender my life and serve others.
- We will never walk in the fullness of our spiritual gifts if our goal is self.
- It’s amazing how free we can be when our eyes are not on ourselves. This is the Kingdom way.
- The law of God’s love restores honor.
- Women are diverse; there is not one “right” model for women.
- We can honor the differences we each have through Jesus because He has made each of us unique by His glory.
One way we can bring the culture of Heaven this week is by honoring the women in our lives. Think of one woman you can honor, empower and make a way for, it could be someone in your workplace, in your home or in one of your classes.