2017 was an exciting year for us! From hosting World Mandate in our building for the first time to seeing out Movement come together in a time of crisis, 2017 was a year to remember.
Take a minute to look back at some of our top blogs from 2017. These posts were so popular, we thought they would definitely be worth another read.
- LIVING SIMPLY BY RACHEL WHYTE
- “So how do we avoid the rat-race that is life in the Western world, where distractions are plenty and opportunities to covet run rampant? How do we pursue a simple lifestyle – one of freedom and contentment?” // In this post, Rachel shares on simplifying our lives.
- BEHIND THE SCENES: THE MAKING OF “YES LORD” BY JAMES MARK GULLEY
- “There was something so natural about the process of writing this song. And I think that is because Yes Lord was the song of our Movement during that time.” // In the summer of 2016 our Movement rallied together to serve in the midst of the refugee crisis. During that time Yes Lord became an anthem of surrender and a declaration that we will go wherever God calls us. Check out this post to learn more about the story behind, Yes Lord.
- HOW TO HELP: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU’RE ASKED FOR MONEY
- Has someone ever asked you for money and you freeze because you aren’t sure how to answer? Have you ever pulled up to a stoplight and see someone asking for food on the corner, and you aren’t sure whether you should make eye contact or not? Our heart is to help people, but sometimes we aren’t sure how. Check out this post for four practical ways we can respond.
- THE DATING FILTER BY LUKE WHYTE
- Does the thought of dating stress you out? Maybe you wish you could skip to the part where you’re married with two kids and a dog. In this post Young Adult pastor Luke Whyte seeks to bring clarity on the topic of dating and relationships.
- SONG STORY: UNCHANGING BY JAMES MARK GULLEY
- “I sang about God’s solidity in the shifting sand, His faithfulness in our failure and His strength in our weakness.” // This year AntiochLIVE released multiple singles, one of them being, Unchanging, an anthem of the faithfulness of God. Check out this post to learn more about the story behind the song.
- WAITING BY PENNY ALLISON
- “In line, on the phone, in traffic, for the final decision, in the emergency room, at a bedside, for God to move. People wait. A lot.” // We spend a good amount of time waiting. But God wants to meet us in the midst of the waiting. Learn more in this post by Penny Allison.
- INTIMACY WITH GOD BY NATHAN SMOTHERS
- “Jesus offers us an invitation for eternal life in exchange for full surrender. We must set aside our own agendas and let Him lead.” // God wants intimacy with us. Check out this post to learn more about how we can step into greater friendship with God.
- GOD’S VISION: INVESTING IN OUR CITY BY KIMBERLY BATSON
- “How often in life does one really feel they can make an eternal and economic impact on a place? Honestly, it’s thrilling to me. If you’re in Waco right now, you’re being invited into God’s vision for this place.” // In this post, Kimberly Batson shares on getting God’s vision for our city.
- WHEN GOD DEFINES YOUR GREEN PASTURES
- “I knew God would be faithful. I knew He would provide. But I did not necessarily expect to find a green pasture in the desert.” // Things don’t always play out the way we thing they will, but God still has life for us.
- THREE THINGS I LEARNED FROM ANXIETY BY DESTINY GONZALEZ
- “Processes are hard and at times they feel hopeless. Even after I felt freedom from anxiety, the enemy wanted to replace my anxious thoughts with shameful ones. But this is why I’m so thankful for the process! I am left with a foundation of truth to stand on when the enemy wants to paralyze me with shame.” //
ALSO, TAKE A LOOK AT SOME RECAPS FROM SOME OF OUR MEMORABLE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN 2017:
- WOLD MANDATE 2017 RECAP
- This year we hosted World Mandate in our building for the first time!
- HURRICANE HARVEY RELIEF
- In the midst of Crisis in Houston, our people responded and served the city of Houston. Take a look.
- ENGAGE THE NATIONS
- This past summer, interns and short-term teams went to multiple locations to serve and build the Church throughout the nations.
Stay tuned for more in 2018!