This morning Jim Yost shared a message on the need for a movement and for us to go. There is a world of broken people who need to know Jesus, and our compassion and actions have the power to reflect the character of God.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR TAKEAWAYS FROM SESSION TWO:
- A movement is not an event; events are easy, movements are hard.
- The purpose of all Bible study is to enter into the Bible story.
- People want and need hope.
- If you’re like Jesus, sinners and broken people are going to be attracted to you.
- When you see the news, look behind the news because God is on the move.
- You can’t separate sacred and secular, it’s all one
- Jesus is not all we need until He is all we’ve got.
- Danger is normal.
- Give up the right to safety and security for the sake of bringing people to Jesus.
- It’s not about your likes or dislikes, and it’s not about your abilities or inabilities, it’s about your obedience to God.
- All social problems come back to a broken image of God.
- Discipleship is not a method or a sermon, it’s a lifestyle.
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind, and be on mission with Jesus
- Our love and help reflects the character of God
- Love in action is going to change the world.